Don’t Let Kansas Winters Ruin Your Training
Find a local gym to continue training
A Kansas winter is, ironically, hell for runners. Many of us are juggling full-time jobs and families. Finding time for training becomes incredibly difficult. When our weather apps read -1, it’s almost impossible to find motivation to lace up those shoes.
That is unless you’re Rocky.
Don’t let winter get in the way of your spring goals.
A heated gym will get your training accomplished during the harshest season of the year. We’ve compiled a short list of some stellar local fitness spots:
- Recreation Centers in Lawrence, KS
- Free to the public, lockers/showers, full-size gymnasiums, & wellness/weight rooms. There’s 4 centers located around the Lawrence, KS area. FREE
- The Summit
- The Summit is a fitness facility located at 9th and New Hampshire. They offer month to month memberships, free weights, nationally certified training staff, saunas, massage therapy, and many other amenities. $35 monthly with add-ons available
- Body Boutique
- THE fitness home for women in Lawrence is located at 2330 Yale Road. This facility offers incredible classes, personal training, child care, and many more offerings.
- Rock Chalk Park
- Free to Douglas County, Kansas residents, the newly opened Rock Chalk Park is an incredible resource. The facility is located at George Williams Way, Lawrence, KS and offers walking/jogging tracks, free weights, cardio machines, indoor soccer, and 8 full size basketball courts. FREE
- Snap Fitness
- Need access to a gym at odd hours? Look no further. Snap Fitness is open 24/7 to its members. It’s located at 1800 E 23rd St. near Set Em’ Up Jacks and Z’s Espresso. $35 monthly with costs savings for joint/family packages